Gatimaan Express a First Semi-High Speed Train Flagged Off from Delhi [ Current Affairs ]
Gatimaan Express First Semi-High Speed Train (SHST) of India was flagged off between New Delhi and Agra. Suresh Prabhu a Union Railway Minister has flagged of these train from Nizamuddin Railway station of New Delhi and reached Agra on time in 100 minutes.
- It is faster compared to Shatabdi Express which takes 117 minutes between two Delhi to Agra.
- Speed of the Nizamuddin-Agra Gatiman Express is 160 kilometers per hour.
- For first time train entertainers will be existent on board of the train.
- It takes one hours and 40 minute (100 minutes) to covers the 200 km distance between two destinations.
- The train will run six days a week but for Friday in both directions.
- The train is prepared with:
- A 5, 500 HP electric locomotive
- 2 Executive AC Chair Cars
- 8 AC Chair Car coaches
- It has improved passenger services such as:
- Better catering service
- Improved coach interiors with wide windows
- High-power emergency braking system
- Automatic fire alarm
- Gps—based passenger information system
- Sliding doors in the coaches
- It also offers free multimedia services enabling passengers to view movies, news and cartoons during their journey to Agra.
- It also included Wi-Fi hotspot devices at coaches for passengers to access multimedia services free of cost directly on their smartphones, tablets or laptops.
- Published on: April 6, 2016