Ghatampur Thermal Power Project in Uttar Pradesh Approved by CCEA [ Current Affairs ]
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) given approval for installation of Ghatampur Thermal Power Project (GTPS) in Ghatampur, Uttar Pradesh. GTPC project has of 1980 MW (3 X 660 MW) capacity.
- Project would be installed through a Joint Venture (JV) Company named Neyveli Uttar Pradesh Power Limited (NUPPL).
- NUPPL is formed mutually by Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited (NLC) and Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (UPRVUNL).
- Project implementation estimated cost of 17, 237.8 crore rupees including Interest during Construction component of 3, 202.42 crore rupees.
Commissioning of Unit of the plant will be in (from starting date):
- Unit I - 52 months
- Unit II - 58 months
- Unit III - 64 months
- Power generated by the GTPS (about 14000 MU/annum) will mostly supplied to Uttar Pradesh.
- In Jharkhand Union Ministry of Coal has already allotted Pachwara South coal block for meeting the coal requirement of the project.
About Thermal Power Project:
- Thermal power station is a power plant in heat energy is converted to electric power.
- In most of the world the turbine is steam energetic. Water is heated, turns into steam and spins a steam turbine which drives an electrical generator.
- In thermal energy source includes coal, geothermal, nuclear, solar thermal electric, and waste burning plants, as well as many natural gas power plants are thermal.
- Published on: July 22, 2016