Gionee and Haryana Government Signed MoU to Set Up Manufacturing Hub in Faridabad [ Current Affairs ]
The Gionee India and Haryana government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for establishment of its phone manufacturing hub in Faridabad.In this regard Gionee Mobiles Chairman Liu Lirong and Haryana State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation (HSIIDC) has inked MoU in presence of Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar.
- The Gionee manufacturing hub will be completed with the approximated cost Rs. 500 crore over an area of 40-50 acres in Faridabad.
- With this hub 28,000 peoples will get employment opportunities in next 3 years.
- This hub will help Gionee Mobiles to take its growth to the next level.
- Haryana is chosen for this hub because of its great government policies, availability of skilled manpower and infrastructure support.
- Gionee Communication Equipment Co. Ltd. is a Chinese smartphone manufacturer which was founded in 2002 at Shenzhen, Guangdong.
- It is one of China’s largest mobile phone manufacturers.
- Gionee entered in the Indian market in 2013.
- It has 3,250 crore rupees turnover by end of 2015.
- It’s around 60% of devices sold in the country are currently manufactured locally at facilities run by Dixon (in Noida) and Foxconn (in Tamil Nadu).
- It has 4.7% market share in China in 2012.
- It also expanded into other markets, including Taiwan, India, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Vietnam, Myanmar, Nepal, Thailand, the Philippines and Algeria.
- Published on: September 19, 2016