Global Scouting Programme Online Portal is Launched by SAI-AIFF [ Current Affairs - International Relations ]
An online portal for Global Scouting Programme (GSP) has been jointly initiative of Sports Authority of India (SAI) and All India Football Federation (AIFF) by Union Sports Minister Vijay Goel in New Delhi.
- The Global Scouting Programme enables none Indian residence boys to play in India’s team in FIFA under-17 world cup which is going to be organized in 2017 in different cities of the country for that interested candidates have to upload their two minute video which shows their football playing abilities and on that bases candidates will be shortlisted and then they will call for on-field trials.
- Candidates must have to contain Indian passport a chance to present his playing talent to the scouts of India’s U-17 team.
About Sports Authority of India
- The Sports Authority of India, established in the year 1984 by the Government of India, as a prime and very crucial body to coordinate various different sports activities.
- SAI is responsible for maintaining and using the sports infrastructure created for the Games.
- The Sports Authority of India currently act as mentor to hundreds of young sportsmen across India, enriching them with different training facilities, advanced infrastructure, scholarships as well as coaching facilities.
- The Federation International de Football Association (FIFA) is the international governing body of association football, it organize most important international football tournaments such as World Cup.
- It was founded in 1904 with Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland as member nation (number of member nations was expanded as time passes and now it reaches to 211).
- Its Headquartered is located in Zurich.
- The Member countries are organized in the six regional Africa, Asia, Europe, North & Central America and the Caribbean, Oceania and South America.
- Published on: September 14, 2016