Government Constitutes Amitabh Kant Committee to Review E-Commerce Rules [ Current Affairs - Policies & Governance ]
Union Government has constitutes Amitabh Kant committee to review e- commerce rules. Four states including Maharashtra and Karnataka will also be the members of the committee. The committee would suggest ways to further promote the growth of the sector.
- The committee will be headed by Amitabh Kant, CEO of NITI Aayog and the other member in the panel includes officials from commerce and industry ministry and department of electronics and IT among others.
Terms of reference of the committee:
- Amitabh Kant committee making a recommendation for further liberalisation of the policy.
- This committee looks into all issues related with foreign direct investment rules affecting to the fast growing e-commerce industry in the India.
- E-commerce players and selling pharmaceuticals related issue is also there. Some e-commerce firms are facing taxation related problems in few states.
- Recently, Government has permitted 100% FDI in food processing sector.
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) permitted 100 % FDI through automatic route in the marketplace format.
- FDI has not allowed in inventory-based model of e-commerce.
- Published on: August 12, 2016