Gramin Swachh Surveksha: Mandi, Sindhudurg Cleanest Districts of India [ Current Affairs ]
According Gramin Swachh Survekshan report of Union Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Mandi district (in ‘Hills’ category) of Himachal Pradesh and Sindhudurg district (in the ‘Plains’) of Maharashtra category have arisen as the cleanest districts of India.
Rankings in Swachh Survekshan Gramin for both category:
- Mandi (Himachal Pradesh) with 98.4 score.
- West Sikkim (Sikkim) with 96.4 score.
- Shimla (Himachal Pradesh) with 94.1 score.
- Sindhudurg (Maharashtra) with 96.8 score.
- Nadia (West Bengal) with 95.0 score.
- Satara (Maharashtra) with 92.9 score.
- The Quality Council of India (QCI) has conducted survey on 22 hill districts and 53 plain areas, under Gramin Swachh Survekshan launched in May 2016 by the Union Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj.
- The report was made on the basis of measurement of four distinct parameters of Gramin Swachh Survekshan and the main focused area was safe toilets and water and the other measured parameters are:
- Households who have safe toilets access and using them. (40% weightage, including survey of toilet usage, water accessibility, safe disposal of waste)
- Households having no litter around. (30 % weightage)
- Public places with no litter in the surrounding. (10% weightage)
- Households having no stagnant wastewater around. (20% weightage)
- Published on: September 12, 2016