Haryana Becomes First State of India to Launch Injectable Contraceptive [ Current Affairs ]
Haryana became the first state of India to implement the use of injectable contraceptives as a family planning measure. Manohar Lal Khattar Chief Minister has launched ‘Project Salamati’ in assistance of Pathfinder International regarding to this.
- Under the, Injectable contraceptives would be available free of cost at all primary health centres, community health centres, sub divisional and district hospitals under the Salamati Project.
- The only objective of the project is to keep healthy gap between the births of children with the help of injectable contraceptive.
- State health department is the implementation body of this project and will be initially implemented in nine health blocks of four districts of the state.
These four health blocks are:
- district Palwal
- 3 in district Mewat
- Kurali block in district Faridabad
- Khor block in district Rewari
These districts are selected for pilot project because mother and infant mortality rate in these districts are more as compared to other districts.
After the successful implementation of this project in this district it will be implemented throughout the state.
- It is a worldwide non-profit organization which mainly focuses on reproductive health, family planning, HIV/AIDS prevention and care, and maternal health
- Published on: March 30, 2016