Haryana Earned Best Horticulture State Award [ Current Affairs - Economics ]
Indian Council of Food and Agriculture (ICFA)’s ‘Best Horticulture State’ award has been won by Haryana state for its strong efforts for increasing income of the farmers in horticulture.
- In this regard ICFA had awarded Haryana Agriculture Minister OP Dhankar behalf of Haryana state during Agricultural Leadership Summit 2016 in New Delhi.
- Along with Haryana, the 2016 Best Agriculture State award also was conferred to Odisha for its efforts in the development of agriculture and bringing rural prosperity.
Horticulture in Haryana
- Currently Haryana has total 2.5 lakh hectares land under horticulture and the state government wants to increase it up to 9 lakh hectares and in this regard Horticulture University will soon be set up in Haryana.
- Haryana has 340 horticulture villages and centers of excellence in horticulture in every district.
- Along with this the state Government also had set up biggest Horticulture Mandi of the country at Ganaur on the pattern of Shenzhen Mandi of China and Rungis Mandi of France.
- State Government is planning to establish Peri Urban Culture for the daily used supplies such as fresh fruits, vegetables, dairy products and flowers.
- Indian Council of Food and Agriculture (ICFA) is national level council which is working for policy, research and advocacy for various issues related to food and agriculture sector.
- Headquarter: New Delhi.
- Motto: “Unleashing the potential of food and agriculture sector and empowering farms and farmers by mobilizing human, technological and financial resources towards achieving the global food and nutrition security and environmental sustainability.”
- Published on: September 12, 2016