Himalayan Forest Thrush the new bird type is discovered in India [ Current Affairs ]
A new bird species named Himalayan Forest Thrush has been discover by Scientists in northeastern India and end-to-end parts of China. And they give it a scientific name “Zoothera salimalii” after ornithologist and naturalist Salim Ali for his significant contributions to ornithology in India.
- Previously when Himalayan Forest Thrush bird is noticed first time at different elevations it looks very similar to Plain-backed Thrush.
- But after scientists have notice different song types in both of them.
- And Himalayan Forest Thrush has as a longer bill, shorter wings and shorter legs compare to Plain-backed Thrush.
- And they are found at the rocky habitats above the tree-line in North eastern Himalayas.
- From Independence of India Himalayan Forest Thrush is the fourth new bird species discovered in India.
- Previously two new bird species were discovered in Arunachal Pradesh and one in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- In 2006 the last new species discovered was in Arunachal Pradesh called “Bugun Liocichla”
- Published on: January 21, 2016