Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award Will Be Honored to Viswanathan Anand [ Current Affairs ]
Viswanathan Anand Five-time world chess champion (46) will be honoured with the Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award. Maharashtra State Governor C Vidyasagar Rao will honor him with the award at an event to be held in Mumbai on April 12, 2016.
About Viswanathan Anand:
- He was born on December 11, 1969.
- He is an Indian chess grandmaster and a former world champion.
- In 1988 he became first grandmaster of India.
- He held the FIDE World Chess Championship from 2000 to 2002 and became the undisputed world champion in 2007.
- Awards and honors:
- Arjun Award 1985
- Padma Shri in 1987
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Rant in 1991
- Padma Bhushan in 2000
- Padma Vibhushan in 2007
About Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award:
- It was founded in 2011 by Mumbai- based socio-cultural organization Hridayesh Art in the honour of music composer and singer Hridaynath Mangeskar.
- The award is honored to successful individuals across the country from various walks of life.
- It carries monetary award of Rs. 2 lakh and a memento.
- Hridaynath is the son of renowned musician Deenanath Mangeshkar and is younger brother of Indian music legends Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle.
- The previous recipients of the award are:
- Lata Mangeshkar
- Asha Bhosle
- Amitabh Bachchan
- Hariprasad Chaurasia
- A R Rahman
- Published on: April 6, 2016