India-Born Surya Deva Selected as UN Adviser on Human Rights and Businesses [ Current Affairs ]
Surya Deva an India-born academician has been appointed as the United Nations (UN) Adviser on Human Rights and Businesses. The Geneva-based UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC) has appointed him as the Asia-Pacific representative of the UN Working Group on the issue of human rights and transnational corporations and other business enterprises.
About Surya Deva:
At the School of Law of City University of Hong Kong Surya Deva was serving as an associate professor prior to this appointment.
His research safeties lie in:
- Business and Human Rights
- India-China Constitutional Law
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- He was elected as a Member of the Executive Committee of the International Association of Constitutional Law in 2014.
- For the National Framework on Business and Human Rights of India he had written a background paper recently.
- He also working as the founding Editors-in-Chief of the Business and Human Rights Journal.
- And he also sits on the Editorial Board of the Netherlands Quarterly of Human Rights
- Published on: March 28, 2016