India Sign Agreement on Vocational Training with Germany [ Current Affairs ]
India signed an agreement on vocational training with Germany to bring up conditions to create and improve workplace-based vocational training in industrial clusters of India by the Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) and German International Cooperation (GIZ).
Features of Agreement
- According to the agreement to increase industry institute partnerships between Indian and German, organizations German technical assistance will be used.
- It also builds capacity of local training institutions and brings up industry connections and they will helps to adapt elements of the German dual system into the Indian context.
- It also initiate focused on adapting elements of German dual system in India by a new project in select industrial clusters.
The project will be implemented in India’s three selected clusters including:
- Automobile cluster in Maharashtra
- Electronics cluster in Bangalore
- The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) is a Ministry of Government of India.
- It was founded on 9th November 2014 with the aim to coordinate all skill development efforts in India.
- From 16 April 2015, MSDE got responsibilities of Industrial Training and Apprenticeship and other skill development from the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
- The main goal of this if to eliminate disconnect between demand and supply of skilled manpower, to build the new skills and innovative thinking for existing jobs and future jobs.
- Published on: August 24, 2016