India, South Africa and Brazil Joint Naval Exercise Ibsamar 2016 Started in Goa [ Current Affairs ]
Brazil, India and South Africa fifth edition joint IBSAMAR 2016 trilateral naval exercise has been started in Goa. IBSAMAR is come from as India-Brazil-South Africa Maritime. For the first time this exercise is hold in India since it begins in 2006.
- The main aim of this navel exercise is:
- Interoperability among navies of three countries
- Common understanding maritime security between them.
- This IBSAMAR naval exercise will be conducted two phases:
Harbours phase: During this phase it will undertake wide range of professional interactions.
Sea Phase: And during this phase diverse range operational activities will be conducted off Goa coast.
These exercises will be on:
- anti-submarine warfare (ASW),
- air defence,
- flying operations,
- surface firing,
- search and rescue,
- Tactical procedures.
The Indian navy is symbolized by:
- INS Mumbai– a missile destroyer,
- INS Shalki– a Shisuhumar class diesel electric submarine and
- INS trishul– a stealth frigate.
The Brazilian Navy is symbolized by
- Brazilian Naval Ship (BNS) Amazonas embarked
- Special Forces.
The South African Navy is symbolized by
- SAS Spioenkop with integral helicopter and
- Embarked with Special Forces.
- Published on: February 25, 2016