India to Host 2016 Kabaddi World Cup [ Current Affairs - Sports ]
The International Kabaddi Federation (IKF) is immensely proud that Kabaddi is growing in popularity very fast. Janardan Singh Gehlot, President-International Kabaddi Federation, has scheduled global stage with the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup in India.
- TV channel Star Sports has been announced as the official broadcaster of the World Cup.
- Kabaddi became a part of Asian Games in 1990 and India has won all the gold medals since then.
- Recently, the popularity of sport is growing fast and had made breakthrough on a global stage ProKabaddi League.
- India will host the Kabaddi World Cup this year in October.
- The countries participating will be as follows:
What is Kabaddi? New League Draws Sellout Crowds in India.
- An ancient Indian game, kabaddi
- It is like a high-octane mix of tag and Greco-Roman wrestling.
- Since the start of its first season last month, it has been drawing sellout crowds and big television audiences.
- Kabaddi is the national game of Bangladesh where it is known as hadudu.
- In India, it is the state game of Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Bihar, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Punjab.
It is known by regional names in such as chedugudu in Andhra Pradesh, sadugudu in Tamil Nadu and hututu in Maharashtra in India.
- Published on: August 3, 2016