Indian Hockey Player Mohammed Shahid is No More [ Current Affairs ]
Famous Indian hockey player Mohammed Shahid passed away because of multiple organ failure in Gurugram, Haryana. He was 56 years old. He was a member of the V Baskaran-led Indian team. He made his debut in 1979 for the Indian junior side.
About Mohammed Shahid:
- He was born on 14, April 1960, Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh and he was an Indian hockey player.
- He is considered one of India’s best hockey players and known for his dribbling skills.
- In 1979 Junior World Cup, he had made his first appearance for India at international level in the junior team held in France.
- The biggest contribution to the Hockey game was the ‘half push- half hit’.
- He used a stroke to hit the ball using the same grip used to dribble the ball.
- The stroke or technique did not exist in a field hockey player’s catalogue or in the game’s coaching manual.
Awards and Honours:
- Published on: July 21, 2016