Indian Vaccine Maker Greensignal Bio Pharma Has Been Certified with Pqp Certification [ Current Affairs ]
Chennai based Indian vaccine maker GreenSignal Bio Pharma has been certified with PQP (Pre-qualification of Medicines Programme) certification by a UN Health agency World Health Organization (WHO) for manufacturing a BCG (Bacillus Calmette–Guerin) vaccine. And now with this certificate it becomes second Indian company who has PQP certification from WHO.
About PQP certification:
- Pharmaceutical companies who are certified by PQP certification are able to participate in the global immunization programme organized by international procurement agencies like UNICEF and others.
- While these international institutions are making a decision on procurement for distribution in resource-limited nations they use to prefer WHO list of pre-qualified pharmaceutical products.
About GreenSignal Bio Pharma
- Green Signal Bio Pharma Pvt. Ltd (GSBPL) is founded in 2005.
- Main focus of it is on preventive health care products in particular vaccine.
- At present time it produces and supplies BCG Vaccine to the Government of India and Indonesia.
- Former Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) N. Gopalaswami is head of the company.
- It is located at Thiruvallur district in Tamil Nadu and have production capacity of 60 lakh vials.
- Published on: February 8, 2016