Infosys Prize 2015 Has Been Conferred by President Pranab Mukherjee [ Current Affairs ]
The Infosys Prizes 2016 has been conferred by President Pranab Mukherjee to six winners for their outstanding contribution in the research fields in New Delhi. These six winners in six different categories are: Jonardon Ganeri: For work in interpreting and scrutinizing analytical Indian Philosophy he was awarded in Humanities category.
- Umesh Waghmare: For his innovative use of first-principles theories and modeling of certain materials such as topological insulators, multiferroics, ferroelectrics and graphene he was awarded in Engineering and Computer Science category.
- Mahan Maharaj: For his contributions to low-dimensional topology, geometric group theory and complex geometry he was awarded in Mathematical Sciences category.
- Amit Sharma: For his contributions in deciphering the molecular structure at the atomic level of key proteins involved in the biology of pathogenesis of the deadly malarial parasite he was awarded in Life Sciences category.
- Ravindra Kumar: For his pioneering experimental contributions to the physics of high intensity laser matter interactions he was awarded in Physical Sciences category.
- Srinath Raghavan: For research on synthesizes military history, strategic analysis and international politics into powerful and imaginative perspectives on India in global context he was awarded in Social Sciences category.
About Infosys Prize
Infosys Prize is an annual award given for best contribution in following six categories:
- Life Sciences,
- Mathematical Sciences,
- Engineering and Computer Science,
- Social Sciences,
- Physical Sciences and
And award carries a 22-carat gold medallion, a citation certificate and prize money of 65 Lakh rupees.
- It is one of the highest economic awards in India that recognize the scientific research.
- Published on: February 17, 2016