Jamaica’S Usain Bolt Wins Gold Medal in 100 Meters Event at 2016 Rio Olympics [ Current Affairs - Sports ]
Usain Bolt wins the Gold medal in 100 meters event at 2016 Rio Olympics. Bolt completed first part of the bid of 100 meter event in a time of 9.81 seconds. USA’s Justin Gatlin won silver and Canadian Andre de Grasse came third.
- In the world Usain Bolt is the fastest Man. He holds the world record in the 100m, 200m and the 4x100m relay and won the gold in all of those events.
- The event held in Beijing (2008) and London (2012).
- He is endeavoring a record ‘triple triple’ of winning the 100m, 200m and the 400m relay in three straight game.
- Winning 100m relay in Rio Olympic 2016, he was followed by Gatlin (9.89) and Canada’s Andre De Grasse (9.91).
About Usain Bolt:
- Usain Bolt born on 21 August, 1986 at Trelawny. He is a Jamaican sprinter.
- He became an eleven time World Champion and he is the most successful athlete of the world championships.
- He became the first athlete to win three titles in both the 100m and 200m in the competition.
- Because of his achievements they nickname has “Lightning Bolt”.
- Bolt is the highest paid athlete in track and field. He retires from athletics after the 2017 World Championships.
- Published on: August 17, 2016