Jammu, Tirupati Among Six Places to Get IITs [ Current Affairs - Policies & Governance ]
Rajya sabha approves Jammu and Tirupati are among six cities across the countries which are set to get IITs. This was included in Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Bill 2016. IITs are the centre of excellence and they will continue to remain same.
IITs will also be started in
- Palakkad (Kerala)
- Dharward (Karnataka)
- Bhilai (Chhattisgarh)
- There would not be any financial controls for the growth of IITs.
- Government already working on financing higher education infrastructure needs, particularly research infrastructure requirements.
- In the IITs lack of faculty, there are around 30 per cent vacancies in the premier institutes.
- We also work within the Constitutional framework as a responsible citizens of the country.
- Government is not observing to reservation policy in terms of appointments to IITs and NITs.
- Students from the ST and SC communities, Below Poverty Line (BPL) category and physically challenged have the full waiver of fees in the IITs and NITs.
- Those family income is below Rs 9 lakh per annum they also get education loan at zero percent interest rate.
About Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT):
- IIT is separate public institutes for higher education.
- It’s located in India and governed by the Indian Institutes of Technology Act, 1961.
- In IIT ACT, 1961 23 places of India are included. These places are as below:
- Location of 23 IITs of India are as below:
- Published on: August 3, 2016