Justice Permod Kohli Selected as Chairman of Central Administrative Tribunal [ Current Affairs ]
Justice Permod Kohli served as chief Justice of Sikkim High court from 12th December 2011 to March 2013. Currently, Justice Sunil Kumar Sinha of Chhattisgarh High court is served as Chief Justice of Sikkim High court from 30th March 2015.
About appointment as Chairman:
- Justice Permod Kohli who is retired Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court is appointed as the Chairman of Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT).
- His appointment was approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) which is led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Justice Kohli have contract of five years which will comes in effect from the date of taking charge on the post or till attaining the age of 68 years.
About Central Administrative Tribunal:
- CAT was established under Article 323A of the Constitution which was introduced by the 42nd Constitutional Amendment, 1976.
- It was established for ad-jurisdiction of disputes in relation to recruitment and all services matters of public servants.
- Published on: March 28, 2016