K Prithika Yashini Has Become India’s First Trangender Police Officer [ Current Affairs ]
K Prithika Yashini First Indian Trangender who will take Charge as Police Officer. Due to her gender previously she was rejected by the Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board (TNUSRB) so she had started her fights legally in the Madras High Court and appointed as a Sub-Inspector in the Tamil Nadu police force.
- She was born as Pradeep Kumar.
- She had applied for SI recruitment in Tamil Nadu, but her application was rejected because of her doesn’t fit in any gender named Male or Female.
- So she had applied in Madras High Court.
- Madras High Court has ordered to conduct a written and Physical test for her.
- She had clear written test and all Physical tests but missed 1000 meter dash by just one second.
- But she stated successful and get appointment as SI in Tamil Nadu.
- People who experience a mismatch between their gender identities are called Transgender.
- Many transgender people experience a period of identity development.
- The degree to which individuals feel genuine, authentic, and comfortable within their external appearance and accept their genuine identity is referred to as transgender congruence.
- Transgender is independent of sexual orientation.
- 0.3 percent of adults in the US (1-in-300) are transgender, overlapping to an unknown degree with the estimated 3.5 percent of US adults who identify as LGB.
- Published on: February 16, 2016