Knight of the Legion of Honour Has Been Conferred to Tikka Shatrujit Singh [ Current Affairs ]
The royal scion of Kapurthala’s Ahluwalia dynasty Tikka Shatrujit Singh (54) has been conferred with the prestigious Knight of the Legion of Honour by the French Government. The French ambassador to India Francois Richier has presented him this honour in a ceremony held in New Delhi.
He was conferred with this significant award for his amazing work in the substituting the French lifestyle and Indian culture with each other.
About Tikka Shatrujit Singh:
- Tikka Shatrujit Singh is notably known as guru of luxury.
- He is the Mentor to the Chairman of multinational group Moet Hennessy-Louis Vuitton (LVMH).
- He is the great-grandson of Maharaja Jagatjit Singh of Kapurthala who was a celebrated Francophile.
- He is serving in the banking sector for 10 years.
- As the Chief Representative in Asia he had joined LVMH in 1995.
- He is also well-known for his activities to reserve the imperceptible and perceptible heritage of Kapurthala, which is reflected as a blend of Indo-French architectural styles.
About Knight of the Legion of Honour
- The famous French emperor Napoleon Bonaparte has founded the Knight of the Legion in 1802.
- It is the top civilian award which is honored by the French Government for outstanding service to France, unrelatedly of the nationality of the recipients.
- Published on: March 22, 2016