Lamitye 2016, 7th India and Seychelles Joint Military Exercise Has Begun [ Current Affairs ]
LAMITYE 2016, 7th edition of India, Seychelles joint military exercise has begun in Victoria, Seychelles. It is fourteen day exercise which is conducted at Seychelles Defence Academy (SDA), Victoria up to February 28, 2016.
- This joint military exercise will be ultimate phase of the drill.
- To review the standards of interoperability achieved by both the contingents it also includes tactical Exercise.
- An infantry platoon and representatives from the Special Forces will be comprised by Indian Army contingent.
- And 20 personnel from Tazar (Special Forces Unit) and 32 from Seychelles Infantry will represent the Seychelles People’s Defence Forces (SPDF).
- Since 2001 India and Seychelles have been conducting joint military drill ‘Exercise Lamitye’.
- Lamitye in Creole (local dialect of Seychelles) which means friendship.
- With the aim of enhancing military cooperation and interoperability between the two countries this exercise is conducted biennially.
- Published on: February 16, 2016