Legendary Modern Artist S H Raza is No More [ Current Affairs ]
Famous modern Indian artist Syed Haider Raza passed away in New Delhi following a prolonged illness. He was 94 year. He was famous for popularising Indian concepts of art and iconography globally.
- He was also building a towering legacy of modern art.
About Syed Haider Raza
- Syed Haider Raza born on 22 February 1922 in Babaria in Madala district of Madhya Pradesh.
- He took to drawing at the age of 12 and his works are mostly abstracts in oil or acrylic with a very rich use of color, replete with icons from Indian cosmology as well as its philosophy.
- He was graduates of Nagpur School of Art (1939 - 43) and J J School of Art in Mumbai (1943 - 47).
- 1950 - 1953, he also had studied art in Paris.
In his painting he represented concepts like
- This concept especially in his recognisable geometric abstract works.
- He lived in Paris for six decades and had set up studios there and returned to India in 2011.
- Syed Haider Raza was the highest French honour for his artistic contributions.
Awards and Honours:
- Published on: July 25, 2016