Lieutenant General Bipin Rawat Appointed as Deputy Chief of the Indian Army [ Current Affairs ]
New deputy chief of the Indian Army is Lieutenant General Bipin Rawat; he has replaced Lt General MMS Rai due to his completion of his tenure. Along with this Lt Gen P M Hariz has replaced Bipin Rawat as the Southern Command chief and a new signal officer-in-chief in Lt Gen A R Prasad.
About General Bipin Rawat:
- Lt. Gen Bipin Rawat is belongs to the famous 5th Battalion of 11th Gorkha Rifles and resident of Pauri district.
- He is son of Lt Gen L S Rawat who has high position in the army and retired from the position of assistant chief.
- He has served in the Indian Military Academy, Dehradun, and was awarded the ‘Sword of Honour’ for his honorable work.
- In January 1979 he was appointed as the Battalion at Mizoram, India.
- During his 35 years of service he was awarded for bravery and distinguished service and AVSM YSM, SM, VSM, COAS commendation cards.
- Along with this he also have write many articles on ‘National Security’ and ‘Leadership’ (published in various journals and publications).
- He has earned M. Phil in Defence and Management Studies from Devi Ahilya University, Indore and Strategic and Defence Studies from Madras University.
- He has completed Diploma in Management and also in Computer Studies along with it he was awarded with Doctorate of Philosophy from Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut in 2011 on military media strategic studies.
- Published on: September 5, 2016