Madhya Pradesh Becomes First State to Have Happiness Department [ Current Affairs ]
Madhya Pradesh became the first state in country to have ‘Happiness Department’. They will work to ensure “happiness in the lives of common people” on the lines of Bhutan. In the state cabinet meeting presided by chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan take decision to set up Happiness Department.
- Happiness Department will work under a working committee.
- Cabinet has decided to constitute Happiness Department in the state.
- Working committee headed by a chairman and this committee will evaluate the state’s gross happiness.
- The government approved an estimated budget of Rs. 3.6 crore for the Happiness department.
- The new Happiness Department will map and define parameters of happiness and efficiency.
- Department will also work to implementation of the concept of happiness, policy making and taking the implementation process to the mainstream.
For circulating happiness in the state, department will prepare guidelines for coordination between different departments like:
- Women and child development
- Health and sports
- Government has decided to analysis its decision on the issue keeping in mind public emotions.
- It has also decided to create a panel including members from the High Court and the district court.
- Department will also accept constant researches and surveys for happiness and improve rules to evaluate them.
- It will publish reports relating to status of happiness.
- First country in the world to originate the concept of Gross National Happiness (GNH) is Bhutan.
- Various parameters that make its citizens happy like it has fixed standards of living, good governance, education, health and psychological happiness.
- By identifying and essential the parameters of happiness and efficiency that will suggest action plan and activities for experiencing happiness.
- United Nations published World Happiness Report 2016 in India at 118th position out of 156 countries.
- Published on: July 18, 2016