Mahindra Aero Structures Bags Supply Contract from Airbus [ Current Affairs ]
European air travel major Airbus Helicopters has awarded a contract to Mahindra Aerostructures to supply airframe parts for its AS565 MBe Panther helicopter. Mahindra Aerostructures as the first Indian company to receive a direct manufacturing contract from Airbus as a Tier 1 supplier.
- In Bengaluru the helicopter parts will be produced.
- Parts will be directly to the Airbus Helicopter production line in Marignane, France.
- It integrated with the rest of the airframe assembly and will form a risky part of the Panther helicopters sold universal.
- Contract will permit Airbus to qualify Mahindra Aerostructures as a Tier 1 supplier to establish a manufacturing relationship with them on the Panther.
- In the Make in India initiative Airbus Helicopters and Mahindra Defence are in the process of forming a joint venture (JV) to target India’s military helicopter programmes.
- It will be formed for producing Naval Utility Helicopter, the Naval Multi-Role Helicopter and the Investigation and Surveillance Helicopter for Indian Navy.
- JV will play vital role in making blueprint on the world map for military helicopter manufacturing.
- Mahindra Aerospace committed to become a trusted partner and supplier to the Airbus Group for airframe parts and assemblies.
About Mahindra Aerospace:
- Mahindra Aerospace is the first Indian private firm to make smaller civil aircraft for the Indian general aviation market.
- It is aerospace division of the Indian multinational conglomerate company Mahindra Group.
- Published on: July 13, 2016