Mairaj Ahmed Khan Wins Silver Medal at ISSF World Cup of Shooting [ Current Affairs ]
Mairaj Ahmed Khan from India has won the silver medal in the men’s skeet event at ISSF World Cup held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. By winning at ISSF, Mairaj becomes first Indian shooter to win skeet medal for India at a World Cup.
- Mairaj lost gold medal at final match and Marcus Svensson from Sweden won gold medal.
- Tamarro Casandro of Italy won the bronze medal.
- In September 2016, he was eligible for his maiden Olympics after getting sixth place at the ISSF Shotgun World Cup.
- In the 2010, Commonwealth Shooting Championship he had won gold medal with a team that was his best international presentation.
ISSF stands for International Shooting Sport Federation.
It is a leading group of the Olympic Shooting events in Rifle, Pistol and Shotgun and several non-Olympic Shooting sport events.
Its headquarter is in Munich of Germany.
It was founded in 1907 and known as. International Shooting Union
In 1998, it was renamed as ISSF.
Its activities include instruction of the sport, qualifications required for Olympic, organization of international competitions such as ISSF World Cup Series, ISSF World Cup Finals, ISSF Separate World Championship in Shotgun eventsand the ISSF World Championship in all events.
Its current president is Olegario Vazquez Rana.
- Published on: April 26, 2016