Mamata Banerjee Takes Oath as West Bengal Chief Minister for a Second Term [ Current Affairs ]
Mamata Banerjee has taken oath as the Chief Minister of West Bengal for second successive five-year term at oath taking ceremony which was held on Red Road and State Governor Keshri Nath Tripathi has administered her oath of office and secrecy with the 42 ministers of her government.
- With this Mamata Banerjee becoms eighth chief minister of West Bengal and the first CM of the state.
About Mamata Banerjee
- She was born on 5 January 1955 in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- At the age of 15 years she entered in politics and joined Congress party.
- She is founder of All India Trinamool Congress (AITMC or TMC) party in 1997 after separating from the Indian National Congress.
- In 2011 Banerjee won the TMC Congress alliance in West Bengal by defeating the 34-year-old Communist Party of India (Marxist) -led Left Front government, the world’s longest-serving democratically-elected communist government.
- For two terms Banerjee has served as the Minister of Railways and she was the first woman Railway Minister of India.
- She is often referred to as Didi.
- Published on: May 30, 2016