March 24: World Tuberculosis Day [ Current Affairs ]
About Tuberculosis: Tuberculosis is shortly and popularly known as TB which is a disease caused by bacterium named Mycobacterium tuberculosis. TB also spreads from any infectious person via their coughs or sneezes.
- It is the second biggest killer disease worldwide after HIV/AIDS.
- In this disease, the person having TB will suffer from fever, cough, weight loss, night sweats, etc.
About World Tuberculosis Day:
- 24th March is observed as World Tuberculosis Day every year.
- Its aim is to make aware the public about the worldwide spreading of TB and provide information to remove the disease.
- This year the theme was named as “Unite to End TB”.
- It was approved on the appearances of 2030 Sustainable Development Goals by the United Nations.
- Sustainable Development Goals aims to ensure well-being and health in all over world-wide.
- It is one of eight authorized global public health operations observed by the World Health Organization.
- Published on: March 28, 2016