Meir Dagan a Former Mossad Director Passed Away [ Current Affairs ]
Mossad Meir Dagan a former Director of Israel’s intelligence agency has passed away due to liver cancer at the age of 71 years. Dagan had served as Director General of the Mossad from 2002 until his retirement in 2011. He was extensively accredited for covertly disrupting Iran’s nuclear program.
About Meir Dagan:
- He was born on 30th January 1945
- After joining Israel Defense Forces (IDF) he had started his military career in 1963.
- At various high-level positions he has served at many important roles in the Six-Day War, Yom Kippur War and 1982 Lebanon War.
- In 1995 he had retired from the army.
- For Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu he had served as a counterterrorism adviser.
- Primarily he also had worked as a National Security Adviser (NSA) to Prime Minister Ariel Sharon.
- And then he was appointed as Director-General of Mossad hum in August 2002.
- During his period as Director of Mossad, Israel is supposed to have carried out poisonous furtive beatings and operations on Iran’s nuclear scientists and cyber-attacks against its nuclear enrichment facilities.
- He also had employed far-reaching structural changes in the Mossad with the aim of making it a more operations-based organization during his tenancy.
- Published on: March 22, 2016