Ministry Constituted Madhav Chitale Committee to Prepare Guidelines for Desiltation of Ganga River [ Current Affairs ]
Madhav Chitale committee constituted to prepare guidelines for desiltation of Ganga River. This committee constituted by Union Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation.
- Madhav Chitale (Expert Member of NGRBA) committee includes four member.
- Term of the committee would be for a period of three months.
Terms of Reference of Committee:
- From Bhimgauda (Uttarakhand) to Farakka (West Bengal) prepare guidelines for desiltation of Ganga River.
- Establish difference between desilting and sand mining.
- Establish requirement for desilting for ecology and e-flow of the river Ganga.
Other members of Committee:
- Union Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation, Secretary.
- Union Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change, Secretary.
- Dr. Mukesh Sinha, Director, Central Water and Power Research Station, Pune.
- Committee has been constituted as per commitment made by Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation.
- In July, 2016, Uma Bharti while chairing the 6th meeting of the National Ganga River Basin Authority in New Delhi.
- Published on: July 25, 2016