Minority Status Has Been Granted by Gujarat Government to Jain Community [ Current Affairs ]
The Gujarat Government has discussed underground status to the Jain community in the state. State government has issued a government resolution (GR) giving minority status to the Jain community in this respect.
- The conclusion has naught to do with misgivings and the new status will advantage the poor among the Jain community.
- The poor amongst the underground community can benefit for various scholarships, government welfare schemes.
- Jain organizations will also get changed status like the one given to Christian and Muslim institutions as per Article 30 of Indian Constitution.
- At the Centre the preceding UPA Government had discussed the minority status on the Jain community at the national level in January 2014.
- With this Jains were become 6th community to have minority status after
- Under the Constitution, religious and semantic minorities have special rights.
- The minority status benefits to give legitimate protections to underground communities and make them qualified for happiness programmes of the Union Minority Affairs Ministry.
- Published on: May 9, 2016