Mufti Mohammad Sayeed Chief Minister of J&K passed away [ Current Affairs ]
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed has passed away on 7th January 2016 at morning in the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). He was hospitalized from December 24 for complaints of fever and neck pain
- He was in the Intensive Care Unit of AIIMS and during his platelets had dropped dangerously low.
- For the past few days, the Chief Minister was on a ventilator.
About Mufti Mohammad Sayeed
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed was born on 12 January 1936
- He was the former Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Previously he has served as Chief Minister from November 2, 2002, to November 2, 2005.
- From December 1989 to November 1990 he has serve as Home Minister of India.
- He was the founder of the Jammu and Kashmir People’s Democratic Party, in July 1999 to “persuade the Government of India to initiate an unconditional dialogue with Kashmiris for resolution of the Kashmir problem. ”
- On 1 March 2015, Sayeed has sworn as the Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir on 1st march 2015.
- Published on: January 8, 2016