Mukh Mantri Punjab Hepatitis C Relief Fund Launched by Punjab Government [ Current Affairs ]
A special fund “Mukh Mantri Punjab Hepatitis C Relief Fund” has been launched by the Punjab government in order to provide free treatment for patients pretentious by Hepatitis C. By launching this initiative Punjab became the first Indian state to provide free treatment to confirmed cases of Hepatitis C.
- The fund will have preliminary corpus of 20 crore rupees.
- This fund will offer all the occupants of Punjab pretentious by Hepatitis C free treatment.
- The scheme is measured as important actions in the public health of the state as the incidence rate of patients artificial by Hepatitis could be as high as 3%.
- Currently according to the report 10 lakh cases of suspected Hepatitis C recognized in the state and from which around 6 lakh would require treatment.
- This initiative will provide free treatment to patients as injectable peg-interferon for the disease is very expensive and unaffordable.
- Hepatitis is a Liver characterized disease which causes due to inflammation cells and its complications vary with the type of infection.
- There are 5 types of hepatitis viz. A, B, C, D and E.
- Each of this is caused by a different hepatitis virus.
- And most of these causes due to group of viruses called hepatitis viruses and also be caused by intoxicants like drugs, alcohol, chemicals and other infections and autoimmune diseases.
- Published on: June 21, 2016