Narendra Modi announced Rs 200cr package to engage J&K youth in sporting activities [ Current Affairs ]
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced a special package for Jammu and Kashmir of 200 crore rupees with the aim to engage youth of the state and encourage constructive sporting activities.
- Using this package J & K government will construct indoor sporting halls in all districts of the state with the best and sufficient facilities for the youth during long winter.
- Along with these indoor sporting halls, two stadiums will be also upgraded to the international standards in Srinagar and Jammu, and existing stadiums at Rajouri, Poonch and Udhampur will also be upgraded.
- Under this package, J&K state Government also planning for construction of water sport facilities with an approximate sped of 6 crore rupees.
- Along with this J&K government also organize a special programme named ‘Sports for AII’ at village level competitions by State Sports Council to direct interest of youth in sporting activities.
- In this regard currently 5 corer rupees are already funded to J&K by Union Government.
- Published on: September 6, 2016