National IP Award Has Been Won by the IIT- Kharagpur [ Current Affairs ]
The National Intellectual Property (IP) Award has been won by the IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) -Kharagpur in the academic institutes category. And so that the institute will be prized as Top Academic Institute for Patents 2016 by the Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry on the occasion of World IP Day i. e. 26 April 2016.
- IIT- Kharagpur’s ‘100 patents drive’ initiative had played essential role to achieve this award.
- To simplify the process of patent filing by students as well as professors who have done some substantial research within the institute, IP Portal was also released regarding to this.
About National IP Awards:
- The Indian Intellectual property office (IIPO) is the sponsorship of Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry confers national intellectual property awards.
- These awards are honored every year for outstanding innovators, organizations and companies in the fields of patents, designs, trademarks, and geographical indications on the occasion of World IP Day.
- The award carries an amount of 1, 00, 000 rupees, a citation and a memento.
About IIT- Kharagpur
- The Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur is first public engineering institution of India which was recognized as an Institute of National Importance by the government of India.
- It was established by the government of India in 1951.
- It was of the IITs to be established, and is.
- It was established as part of Nehru’s dream for a free self-sufficient India; the institute was established to train scientists and engineers after India attained independence in 1947.
- It portions its organizational structure and undergraduate admission process with sister IITs.
- Published on: April 11, 2016