New Chairman of Teri is Ashok Chawla [ Current Affairs ]
New Chairman of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) is Ashok Chawla a former IAS officer. The Governing Council of TERI and noted scientist B V Sreekantan has selected him. In addition he also has been appointed as Chairman of TERI’s Governing Council Ashok Chawla is former Union Finance Secretary and former Chairman of the Competition Commission of India (CCI).
He was IAS officer of 1973 batch of Gujarat cadre.
About The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI):
- TERI was established in 1974 as Tata Energy Research Institute and in 2003 it was renamed as The Energy and Resources Institute.
- It is a non-profit research institution which research work in the fields of energy, environment and sustainable development.
- Main aim behind implementation of it to focus on formulating local and national level strategies for shaping global solutions to critical issues.
- About 1200 employees are work with it particularly research professionals from different disciplines pertaining to issues of environment and energy.
- The International Centre for Climate Governance (ICCG) has ranked TERI as the top global think-tank in 2013.
- Published on: February 15, 2016