New Chief Justice of Orissa High Court is Justice Vineet Saran [ Current Affairs ]
Justice Vineet Saran has been appointed as the new Chief Justice (CJ) of Orissa High Court as per the provisions of Article 217 of Constitution by the President Pranab Mukherjee. After deceitful vacant ever since transfer of Justice D H Waghela as CJ of Bombay High Court his appointment comes.
- Justice Pradeep K. Mohanty was serving as Acting CJ of Orissa High Court During the vacant period.
- Justice Saran was serving in Karnataka High Court as a senior judge prior ti this appointment.
About Justice Vineet Saran
- He was born on 11th May 1957.
- Justice Saran had completed his graduation from Allahabad University in 1976 and LL. B in 1979.
- He had started his career as an advocate with the Uttar Pradesh Bar Council and practiced in Allahabad High Court in 1980.
- He was higher as a permanent judge Allahabad High Court in 2002.
- He was shifted to Karnataka High Court in the same capacity in February 2015.
- Published on: February 23, 2016