New Guidelines for Flexi-Fund Issued for CSS [ Current Affairs ]
The new flexi-fund guidelines have been issued by Union Finance Ministry for the Centrally Sponsored Schemes (CSS) which will enable states for spending more spending money under the CSS to meet local developmental requirements.
- Flexi-fund guidelines are prepared according to the instructions issued by NITI Aayogfor rationalization of Centrally Sponsored Schemes.
- The sub-group of Chief Ministers of states and consultations with stakeholders has recommended these instructions.
- Flexi-funds is increased 10% to 25% for states and 30% for Union Territories from current for each CSS under these new guidelines, so states can also set aside 25% of any CSS as flexi-fund if they were desire for spending on any sub-scheme or innovation or component.
- States can use the fund for satisfy of the local requirements which are come under the natural calamities such as internal security disturbances or undertake modification or restoration activities.
- Every State government compulsory has to constitute a state-level sanctioning committee (SLSC) for the flexi-fund facility but it will not for CSS to emanate from legislation such as MNREGA.
About NITI Aayog
- National Institution for Transforming India (NITI Aayog) is premier policy think tank of Union Government which is established by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to substituted former six decade old Planning Commission.
- The main aim of it to substitute involvement and participation in the economic policy-making process of the state governments and has accepted a bottom-up approach in planning.
- Arvind Panagariya a well-known Economist is Vice Chairman of the NITI Aayog. Economist Bibek Debroy and former DRDO chief V K Saraswat are appointed as full-time members.
- On 1st January 2015 the Union Government of India declared formation of NITI Aayog and the first meeting of NITI Aayog was held on 8th February 2015.
- NITI Aayog is a group of people with specialist entrusted by the government to formulate/regulate rules in social and economic issues with professionals in it.
- Published on: September 13, 2016