New MD of Pfizer India: S Sridhar [ Current Affairs ]
About S Sridhar: S Sridhar has been appointed as new managing director (MD) of the Pfizer India. The company’s shareholders have announced his appointment at the annual general meeting.
- S Sridhar is a chartered accountant by profession and he has 20 years of reach experience.
- Previously he had served as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Pfizer India for seven years.
- And currently He had led the Pfizer India’s distribution function for past three years.
- He was heading Pfizer’s anti-infective, cardio-vascular and ophthalmology business before this appointment.
- Sridhar has worked as finance director of Diageo India prior to join Pfizer.
- He had also worked on the board of Wyeth Limited.
- Pfizer Inc. is an American global pharmaceutical corporation founded in 1849 by Charles Pfizer.
- Its headquartered is located in New York and research headquarters is located at Groton, Connecticut.
- It is one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies.
- Pfizer develops and produces medicines and vaccines for a wide range of medical disciplines like immunology, oncology, cardiology, diabetology/endocrinology, and neurology.
Pfizer’s products include:
- Blockbuster drug Lipitor
- Used to lower LDL blood cholesterol
- Lyrica for neuropathic pain/fibromyalgia
- Oral antifungal medication
- Viagra for erectile dysfunction
- Anti-inflammatory drug
- Published on: March 22, 2016