New Planet with Triple-Star System Named KELT-4Ab Has Been Discover by the Scientists [ Current Affairs ]
A rare triple-star system named KELT-4Ab with a gas giant planet similar in size to Jupiter has been discovered by the researchers at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics in the United States. And the research was published in The Astronomical Journal.
- The planets with three stars appearing in their sky are rare and the new discovery is just the fourth and the closest one nevertheless.
- In KELT-4Ab triple-star system the main star named KELT-A is brighter than the other stars which is described as suns for their planets.
- It also has a gas giant planet which is similar in size to Jupiter takes around three days to make its way around its sun KELT-A.
- The other two stars are named as KELT-B and KELT-C.
- They are much beyond and orbit one another over the course of around 30 years.
- It takes the pair of stars around four thousand years to orbit KELT-A.
- Because of their great distance they appear much dimmer.
- Other example of Triple star system are:
- 44 Bootis
- 16 Cygni
- Gamma Leporis
- Loya Bootis
- Kappa Persei
- Published on: April 7, 2016