New chairman of CBDT: Atulesh Jindal [ Current Affairs ]
A new chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) is Atulesh Jindal a Senior Indian Revenue Service (IRS) Officer. The Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) has declared his appointment which is chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Atulesh Jindal will replace Arun Kumar Jain because of his retirement.
- He will serve as chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) for six-months till he retires in July 2016.
- He is a 1978 batch IRS officer.
- Currently he is serving member (revenue) in the CBDT.
About Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)
- “CBDT is top policy making body of Income Tax department in India and is the supreme body for framing policies related to direct taxes. ”
- It was established under The Central Board of Revenue Act, 1963 as a constitutional authority
- And it includes Chairman and six members; they all are senior-most IRS civil servant in Government of India.
- Published on: January 22, 2016