Nidar - First Lightest Gun of India Launched [ Current Affairs ]
First indigenously developed lightest revolver (gun) Nidar of India has been launched successfully. It’s worthily weighted 250 grams. The state-run Rifle Factory Ishapore has designed and manufactured this gun which located in West Bengal giving improvement to the ‘Make in India’ initiative in small manufacturing sector.
- Nidar is lighter than ‘Nirbheek’ (500 grams) revolver which was totally designed for women personal safety.
- Caliber: 0.22’’
- Weight: 250 grams
- Barrel Length: 40.3-mm
- Overall Length: 140mm
- Range: 7 meters
- Cylinder Capacity: 8 Rounds
- Material: DTD5124 alloy of aluminum
It was launched on 24th January 2014 especially for the women’s personal safety. Ordnance Factory Board, Kanpur has designed and manufactures this gun.
- Weight: 500 grams
- Length: 177.8 mm
- Barrel length: 76.2 mm
- Cylinder Capacity: 6-shot
- Body: titanium-alloy
- Range: 50 ft. (15 meters)
- Published on: February 16, 2016