Novak Djokovic Wins 2016 ATP Toronto Masters [ Current Affairs - Sports ]
Novak Djokovic won the 2016 ATP Toronto Masters title by the Association of Tennis Professionals. He became the world no. 1 men’s singles tennis player and he gets 30 ATP World tour masters 1000 titles.
- ATP World tour masters 1000 title are also knows as the Rogers cup title.
- His final score in this game is 6-3, 7-5. He defending Kei Nishikori in the champion by the score of 6-3, 7-5.
- This was his 66th career title and fourth Canadian title. He won the Canadian title in 2007, 2011 and 2012.
About Novak Djokovic:
- Novak Djokovic born on 22 may 1987 in Belgrade, Serbia, Yugoslavia.
- He is a Serbian professional tennis player. He playing tennis at the age of four.
- He is considering as a greatest tennis players in the world. He has also won the 12 grand slam singles title.
About 2016 ATP World tour:
- This Tour is the global professional tennis tour and 2016 ATP World tour organised by Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
ATP World tour includes different categories:
- Grand Slam
- ATP World Tour Finals
- ATP World Tour Masters 1000
- ATP World Tour 500
- ATP World Tour 250
- Summer Olympic Game
About Roger Cup:
- It’s presented by National bank and tennis tournament played on outdoor hard court.
- This tournament was the part of ATP world tour Masters 1000 of the 216 ATP world tour.
- Roger cup in men’s event was held in Toronto and the women event was held in Montreal.
- Published on: August 3, 2016