Now Consumer Complaints to be Addressed Within 60 Days [ Current Affairs ]
An Integrated Grievance Redressal Mechanism (INGRAM) has been launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and consumers affairs ministry to solve consumer complaints speedy by single platform to the all stakeholders including consumers, government agencies, private companies, regulators and call centers to address any customers consumer complaints within 60 days.
- So now any complaints regarding goods and services can be register online form www.consumerhelpline.gov.in or can call on 1800-11-4000 (from 09:30 to 05:30 on all days except national holidays) or send SMS on 8130009809.
- This portal includes much consumer awareness material such as Consumer Rights, Consumer Fora, and Consumer Protection Act.
- According to the INGRAM each of this complaint will be send to the company/ agency/ regulator or ombudsman who is related to it for the fast resolution of the customers problems.
- Under the Integrated Grievance Redress Mechanism, currently 200 private companies have joined the platform and given assurance to address grievances as speedily as possible.
- In this regard unique docket number will be allotted to each of the complaint either it came via online registration or call centre.
- The complaint related agency actions regarding to the complaint will be on real time basis so the consumers can be aware about the status of their complaint.
- Previously in In June 2016 PM Modi has suggested the consumer affairs ministry to list the number of complaints against each company.
- Published on: September 20, 2016