Now Online Authentication Possible by Aadhaar for New Mobile Connections [ Current Affairs ]
The online authentication has been allowed by Union Government using Aadhar for new mobile connections for this Aadhaar Electronic-Know Your Customer (e-KYC) has been issued by Department of Telecom (DoT).
- The main aim behind the launch of e-KYC is to make the online process of application and authentication faster and simpler for subscribers.
- With this Customer can online authorize UIDAI by themselves and provide demographic details using their Aadhaar number and biometrics.
- The details will include
- date of birth
- digitally-signed photograph
- The e-KYC aims to decreases the cost of subscriber acquisition significantly to reduce expense of physical transportation of forms, verification, scanning and storage of telecom companies.
- It is an instant, secure and green mobile subscriber verification project, which include Aadhar card and fingerprints of customer for validating and activating prepaid and postpaid connections.
- Published on: August 22, 2016