Online Marketing Platform Mahila E-Haat Has Been Launched Union Government [ Current Affairs ]
The New online marketing platform Mahila E-HAAT has been launched by Union Government which will be providing facilities to businesswomen to sell their products to buyers. Maneka Gandhi a Union Women and Child Development Minister has launched this in New Delhi.
- This initiative is a part of Union Government’s flagship ‘Digital India’ and ‘Stand Up India’ initiatives and mainly for women across the country.
- The main aim is to support the financial addition of women businesspersons by providing continuous support to their creativity.
Joint initiative of:
- Union Women and Child Development Ministry and Rashtriya Mahila Kosh (RMK) have jointly launched this initiative to meet the needs of women entrepreneurs.
- This is first it kind of initiative of India to sell products online.
- Women can sell their products like cloths, bags, jewelries through this web portal.
- This is open for all Indian women citizens whose age is above 18 years of age and women Self Help Groups (SHGs) desiring for marketing their legal products/services.
- The complete business can be easily controlled through mobile phone.
- This e-platform provides strengthen to the socio-economic empowerment of women by rallying and providing better paths to them.
- It will benefit more than 10000 Self Help Groups (SHGs) and 1.25 Lakh women.
- The e-Haat is predictable which bring example shift in socio-economic conditions of women by enabling them to exercise control over their finances.
- Published on: March 8, 2016