PM Modi to Launch Mission Bhagiratha [ Current Affairs - Policies & Governance ]
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched ‘Mission Bhagiratha’. It has been inaugurate a massive 40,000-crore Telangana state water grid. Telangana state Chief Minister is K. Chandrashekar Rao.
Objective of Mission Bhagiratha:
- Mission Bhagiratha is to provide 100 liters of clean drinking water per person in rural households and 150 liters per person in urban households.
- Project objective is to provide water about 25,000 rural habitations and 67 urban habitations.
- In this mission through the pipeline 67 thousand households of the Gajwel Assembly constituency will get safe drinking water at Komatibanda, Gajwel in Medak district.
- Project costed Rs 60 crore. Water was raised from Lower Manair Dam.
- It supplied to all households in about 180 villages in Siddipet constituency.
Telangana state Water Grid depends on water resources available from the rivers flowing through the stat like:
- Project has been authorized over Rs 790 crore. In this project initially water will not be charged.
- Government will meet with villagers and fix a rate only after arriving at unanimity with them.
- Published on: August 8, 2016