PM Narendra Modi Inaugurates INDOSAN in New Delhi [ Current Affairs ]
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the INDOSAN (Indian sanitation Conference) in New Delhi- second anniversary of Swachh Bharat Mission. PM Modi addressed that cleanliness is a habit and takes some effort.
- Highlighted the need of behavioural change to achieve the dream of Swachh Bharat.
- Dirt free India is as monumental as Mahatma Gandhi’s Satyagraha, which was instrumental for the end of expansionism.
- Competition between cities and towns for promoting cleanliness.
- Children are the consciousness of the nation for issues regarding cleanliness. This shows that the Swachhta Abhiyan is touching people’s lives.
- Re-use and recycling have been our habits for a long time. Need to make them more technology-driven.
India Sanitation Conference (INDOSAN):
- INDOSAN is series of 14 conferences.
- In 1851, the first conference organised by French Government.
- In 1951, adopted by WHO as the basis for International Sanitary regulations.
- Played an essential role in the formation of the World Health Organisation in 1948.
- An annual national event to create an opportunity for collective understanding in sanitation sector.
- INDOSAN has key elements of the Swachh Bharat Mission programme for sanitation.
PM Narendra Modi gave cleanliness awards to:
- Sindhudurg district (Maharashtra)
- Mandi district (Himachal Pradesh)
- Chandigarh and Mysore Municipal Corporations
- Gangtok city (Sikkim)
- National Cadet Corps. (NCC)
- Surat railway station
- PGIMER Chandigarh
- Heritage site Rani ki vav (Gujarat)
- Kendriya Vidyalaya FRI (Dehradun)
- Published on: October 4, 2016